Get Your Wings (Basic Pilots License)
BASIC PILOTS LICENSE (Level 2)
Now that you have mastered the basics, take it to the next level. The Basic Pilot License Course is intensive and takes you to a total of 35 flights including the 7 you have already logged on the "Learn to Fly" course.
Certification can normally be achieved within 2 to 3 months. Some pilots achieve their license sooner than this and others take longer. PARA-TAXI allows the course to run until the pilot achieves their Basic Pilot License or until the Temporary Student License (valid for 5 months) expires whichever comes first. The Temporary Student License can be renewed for a further 5 months.
- All the necessary paragliding equipment
- 35 flights in total under supervision (includes the 7 flights from the "Learn to Fly" course)
- 2 Tandem flights with an instructor if necessary
- Full instruction with a registered SAHPA instructor
- Practical assessment and coaching Theory instruction
- Aerodynamics instruction
- Meteorology instruction
- Air law instruction
- Flight planning
- Control Practical sessions
- Advanced ground handling
- Basic Thermalling
- Basic safety manoeuvres
- Written examination
- An internationally recognised certification
- Students are assessed and signed off at the instructor's discretion.
- See Terms and Conditions for further details.