Shark Cage Diving Cape Town
Getting into the cage with the sharks around, is truly the most breath-taking experience you will ever live to remember. When feeding actively around the boat, the sharks may occasionally brush their tail against the cage, but NEVER attack the cage. They are very curious though and often come close-up to the cage, taking a closer look at the diver. A personal, eye-to-eye encounter with this awesome animal, is guaranteed to get the adrenaline going!
The cage is situated next to the side of the boat and once ready to take the dive, the Dive Master would assist the diver into the opening at the top of the cage. Once in position, the divers head would be no more than half a meter below the surface. A free-board of approx. 30cm allows the diver to rise to the surface and effectively communicate with the Dive Master on the boat. Snorkelers would secure themselves by holding onto the convenient cross bars, situated at the top of the cage.
Viewing from the boat is equally spectacular, as the sharks come very close to the side of the vessel. Sharks are surface feeders by nature, ensuring spectacular surface action. From the safety of the boat, you are able to photograph your friend/s in the cage and at the same time follow the sharks as they move around the boat and cage. Be careful not to miss out on good photographs. Breaching often takes place in the high season and if you are not 100% ready, you may miss out on a good picture.
Cape Town is well known as being one of the best destinations in the world to go Shark Cage Diving with the fearful Great White Shark!
- Encounter the formidable Great White Shark up close
- Climb into the cage for a closer look
- No dive experience is required
- Scenic drive to Gansbaai (Whales sighted in season)
- Luxurious return transfers from Cape Town central area.
- Packed breakfast, coffee and tea upon arrival.
- Light lunch upon return.
- Complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks to accompany your lunch.
- A fast, yet safe 20 minute boat ride to Dyer Island.
- Snacks, drinks and sweets on-board the boat.
- Educational presentation and safety briefing.
- Diving equipment and wet-suits available at no additional cost.
- Scuba diving in the cage for experienced divers.
- Assisted snorkelling in cage for inexperienced divers.
- Spectacular surface viewing for non-divers.
- View the Cape Fur Seals and African Penguins from the boat.
- Logbook stamp after the tour.
- Enjoy land-based whale watching in Hermanus (July – Dec).
- Drop-off at Cape Town International Airport at no additional cost (If required).
- Informative en-route tour; indigenous fynbos; apple export farms of Elgin and informal settlements in Cape Town.
- Purchase a high quality copy of your own personal shark diving experience after the tour, available on DVD.
- Towel, sea-sick tablets
- Weather dependent
- Scuba is available by prior arrangement
- Motion sickness is common, so we recommend you plan for this
- You are likely to see dolphins, seals, pelagic birds and more